Pages

Monday 3 March 2014

New Series: Witch Finder

I am currently in the middle of writing my review for A Witch in Winter and stumbled across a new series being written by Ruth Warburton - Witch Finder. I haven't read much about it except the blurbs and a few reviews, but as we all know, every review is different and you can't honestly judge it until you read it yourself. I would say it is an on the fence book at the moment from what I have read, but you have to admit, the digital cover is pretty cool (to the right)!

Aside from the cover, this book intrigues me because it is based in London in an era that I love to read about. Also due to the fact I used to work in Spitalfields and developed an interest in it's rich history. Throw in some witches, it may be a good read. 

The book is out now, so if you loved Ruth's Winter Trilogy, you can grab a copy now as the book came out in January. If you have read it, feel free to get in touch with your review so I can share them along with my review when I finally get my hands on a copy.

Goodreads:
London. 1880. In the slums of Spitalfields apprentice blacksmith Luke is facing initiation into the Malleus Maleficorum, the fearsome brotherhood dedicated to hunting and killing witches.

Luke’s final test is to pick a name at random from the Book of Witches, a name he must track down and kill within a month, or face death himself. Luke knows that tonight will change his life forever. But when he picks out sixteen-year-old Rosa Greenwood, Luke has no idea that his task will be harder than he could ever imagine.



4 comments:

  1. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter read, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

  3. لذلك تحرص شركتنا كأفضل الشركات الموجودة فى الرياض على التخلص من جميع الأفات الشرسه مثلا الفئران وغيرها من القوارض التى من الممكن ان تكون سبب فى تدمير اغراض اى منزل او قد تسبب بعض الامراض اونقلها.
    1-شركة مكافحة النمل الاسود بالرياض
    2-شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض
    3-شركة مكافحة الفئران بالرياض
    4-شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض
    5-شركة مكافحة الحمام بالرياض
    6-شركة رش دفان بالرياض
    7-شركة رش مبيدات بالخرج

    ReplyDelete