Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Guest Blog: #100Blogfest by Martin King

Author Martin King is attempting to write 100 blogs at 100 different websites, all in the month of August. He has been writing about different childhood memories and I am honoured to be involved in this, particularly on the last day. Over to Martin...

 
I’m sat at home writing one of my final memories. It’s been a wonderful journey and it is lovely and toasty sat in my nice comfortable, warm office. But life didn’t always used to be like that.
Picture life growing up in a time with NO central heating, NO double glazing, draughts blowing everywhere. In fact our house was colder than a fridge, not that I knew what a fridge was when I was young, we didn’t have one. That’s right, we didn’t have a fridge, we had a pantry.
Anyway, I digress... so as you can imagine the house would be pretty cold in the winter. Back in those days when the temperature used to drop to way past minus ten, you can picture how cold it was. I would wake up in the morning to see ice an inch thick formed on my bedroom window – on the inside!
There was no way in this world I was going to wake up and get dressed for school. But as always, my genius mind had a cunning plan. It consisted of going to be, with my clothes on. That way when I woke up in the morning, I was already dressed for school.
Some nights I would let the cat snuggle under the blankets with me. We kept each other toastie and warm.
These blogs are all about fun and sharing. Thank you for reading a ‘#100blogfest’ blog. Please follow this link to find the next blog in the series: http://martinkingauthor.com/blog/7094550076


No comments:

Post a Comment