Pages

Thursday 15 September 2011

New book series on tv: The Secret Circle

Tonight in the US, along with the Vampire Diaries returning to tv, the new series The Secret Circle, also by L.J.Smith will see its debut.
For those who are unfamiliar with The Secret Circle, its like a teen version of Charmed meets The Craft. Witches galore! I have read the series and loved it. You will be able to find a review for the books on my blog before its debut on UK tv.

The Secret Circle is about a young girl named Cassie who moves back to the town of her ancestors after her mother's death and discovers she comes from a line of witches. Here she is inducted into a circle of young witches, one of which she is instantly attracted to. The story follows Cassie as she discovers the truth behind her family's history.

I am not entirely sure how close the series will be to the book, but I am sure it will be great to watch and put some faces to names. I know my favourite character shouldnt be evil, but I can't help that the actor they cast for the role of Charles Meade is one of my faves. If you are watching it in the US tonight, or online, do share your opinions on the series... I would love to hear what you think.
For those who are new to the series, take a peak at the show tonight and if you love it, I highly recommend reading the books.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Kris!

    I watched The Secret Circle last night and I really liked it. I haven't read the books yet (but now will have too for sure), so I can't give you any perspective on whether or not the series follows them well, but as an outsider, I think the series has promise.

    Steph
    Steph's Stacks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steph,
    thats great that you like the tv show. I actually managed to find it online so watched it too :) I agree with you, I think it has promise, but only time will tell.

    They have changed a few things from the book, so I would like to know how much they will change with the rest of the show. For starters, the tv show killed off her mum,lol... i thought that was pretty mean... after all her mum is supposed to play a decent role in the book. I wont spoil the book for you, but you should definately read the first one atleast to see what I mean... the relationship between Cassie and Adam is also different too... so the tv show confused me last night as they skipped so much.

    I guess we just need to put aside the book then and enjoy the show,lol

    ReplyDelete